The first public beta build of Android 11 has been released by Google. But this is often a beta, so it must be a posh process to download and install on your phone? Well, nope. you’ll get Android 11 beta on your eligible phone with just a couple of taps. I got it on my Pixel 3 within 5 minutes of registering within the beta program. Here’s a step-by-step guide the way to get Android 11 beta on your phone, complete with pictures:
Is your phone eligible to urge Android 11 beta?
Before we recount the way to experience Android 11 beta on your phone, you want to first know whether your phone is eligible or not. Well, as per Google, the Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, and every one subsequent Pixel models launched after it can download Android 11 beta. Here’s the entire list:
Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL
Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL
Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL
Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL
How to get Android 11 Beta on your phone?
Well, now that you’ve verified whether your Pixel is eligible to urge Android 11 beta, here’s the way to start:
1. On your Pixel, open an internet browser and attend the official Android 11 Beta program website (https://www.google.com/android/beta) to enroll your device.
2. Once there, scroll down until you see the Your Eligible devices option, where your phone will appear during a box alongside the model number. Tap on the blue Opt-in button inside it.
3. After you tap on the Opt-in button, you’ll see a window where you’ve got to comply with the terms & conditions. Just tick the boxes consistent with your need, then hit the Join beta button.
4. On a subsequent page, you’ll see a tool enrolled message. It says that you simply are now a part of the Android beta program which you’ll get an OTA to download Android 11 beta on your phone soon. Hit the OK button after you’ve read the instruction. The update usually arrives within 24 hours. In my case, I got it in only around 5 minutes.
5. Now, open the Settings app on your phone and attend System > Advanced > System Updates. You’ll find the Android 11 beta update expecting you to download. Hit the Download and install button.
6. await the installation to end as your phone restarts and you see the acknowledgment message on the house screen. Congratulations, you’re now running Android 11 beta on your phone.
To know more about the new features that accompany the primary public beta of Android 11